• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Finally caught my first fish!

ShotokanKid

Okay...yesterday I went crawdad "fishing" in my friend's stream, and that was fun! I'll admit there were a few times when the crawdad jumped at me in the water and I abandoned my too-hardcore-to-be-afraid-of-these-things persona. But hey, I didn't want to get pinched. :)

I caught a little tiny one with a net, the a pretty big one with my bare hands. I think I caught another one with a net after that, and for the rest of the time just uncovered them for my friend, who is the better catcher.

The most frustrating part was definitely eating them later...so much work for so little meat!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The last time I went fishing I caught 2 six packs :D and a 16" Porgie that won the boat pool. :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I'm not familiar with Porgies, what kind of fish are they? What are they related to?

All too familiar with six packs though :)

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• 3 weeks later...

Ive never fished, however i have caught a minnow passing by me as a little kid. I spent all day trying to get one :)

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I caught a 30" - 15lb Steelhead Trout in Washington.

I fly fish on a regular basis and usually catch Brown and Rainbow trout about 12-14", ocassionaly I'll hook into an 18-20" fish.

I am (was) a pretty avid fisherman. I haven't fished at all this year, but when I lived in Lancaster I fighed the Susquehanna for Smallmouth Bass on a weekly basis. My biggest smallie was probably 15-16". My biggest fish overall was a Wahoo at 47" and 68 lbs off of the shores of Bermuda.

I caught my first fish today. It's a 12 inch bass.

Congratualtions! I used to go sea fishing with my dad and his brothers when I was ickle, but I can't remember if I caught anything or not...

It was more likely that I was just the little kid on the boat who was there to pass stuff for the grown ups.

I remember my brother pushing me in, though. Aren't siblings delightful??? :P

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!