• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High kicks, high risk

I've had many arguements with this issue, and I have constantly have to go back and re-evaluate the way I talk about this issue.

The way I see it from a personal viewpoint... Body to low kicks for street fights are the best, sure survival way inorder to come out of a fight relatively safe. If someone screws up a low kick, it's not as detremental as if that someone was to screw up a high kick.

Plus, mid to low kicks are easier to land than a head kick in my opinion. Sparring with boxers, wrestlers and kick boxers, it's very apparent how mobile the head can be.

Now even with that said, I do believe that High Kicks have there place in a fight. A good kick to the head will knock someone out. I'm not going to discredit high kicks, however I think that no matter how good a high kick is, a low kick is still safer and can do more damage.

I also believe that in Kick boxing and MMA sports, High kicks definately have a place in the world of competition, the last thing that should be on the mind of a competition fighter is to break his opponents knee ((or atleast it should be)). Plus in a drawn out fight, head kicks become easier to land. Street Fights however are rarely drawn out.

High kicks are a good weapon, but I just think in the ideals of street fighting, high kicks just don't have the advantages over the disadvantages.

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could be worth doing if you know what you are doing and are sure that you are going to land it in the correct spot in order to stop your opponent to a halt

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever heard of the fighter Cro Cop? He has the best high kick in the game today and has knocked out everyone with it.

I wouldn't say it's high risk at all if you know what you're doing. Throwing a right cross or a round house kick is more dangerous imo because you leave more of an opening.