• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ah, its not working for me, is there anyways someone can send it to me please?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm sure the Thais do suffer alot of serious shin injuries in competition.But theres no reason for it to happen in the gym/dojo.

When I was in Thailand we always used thick paded leather shin guards when doing sparring. And I was surprised at how light the contact was in sparring. I was told to tone it down when I started sparring pretty hard with 1 of my trainers.This is because they fight in the ring so regularly, that they cant afford to risk injury in the gym.

correct - they fight as often as once per week. this kind of negates the need for sparring for them.

I have fairly weak shins(for a kickboxer) I cracked my shin bone in a tourney and it became a recuring problem.But since I brought back a bunch of those shin guards my shin injuries are alot less frequent now.

When we spar in the dojo we dont go 100% power.

it sounds like you may have kicked to hard before you were ready. Either that or you already had small stress fractures, which resulted in the crack if they were left untreated.

• 8 months later...

Can anyone send me a link that is working for this as it's not working and I have tried to find it and having no luck.

Thanks.

Hello,

As the link is dead and this discussion has not been active for quite a while (until KK's post), I am going to go ahead and close it.

Thanks. :)