• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Batman

ShotokanKid

Oh, I definitely admit it was my favorite Batman movie of any of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Batman fan....for my fourth or fifth birthday, all I wanted in the world was a Batman toy and I got one hehe. Not that I've read the comics, I just always loved the cartoons on Fox Saturday mornings, and the old TV show.

Somehow when doing my critique of Batman Begins, I kind of forgot about all the other bad Batman movies there have been (I mean, George Clooney? c'mon). Christian Bale made a great Bruce Wayne AND a great Batman, which we haven't really seen in a while. Katie Holmes was great, the cinematography was great. It made me pay a lot more attention than most movies do. So in that sense, Batman Begins was great because it was so much better than the old Batman movies. I also loved the way they set it up for sequels.

I still like Spiderman, though....I think it's a Tobey Maguire thing... :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think so? because Toby Maguire is what made the spiderman movies sketchy to me. i dunno, i hear he's a less than stellar fellow.

that said, i'm partial to the first animated batman movie. i'm not gonna' lie, i bought all three of the batman: the animated series boxed sets when they came out. batman begins is definitely second, though. :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I'd have to say that this was my favorite Batman of all the movies, it stayed truest to his origins as a tormented person, and allowed the dark side to show through. He IS called the Dark Knight for a reason.

I also like the way they set it up for sequels (Gordon is still a Lieutenant, for example), and how they explained the scarecrow origins.

I also thought that Michael Caine made a pretty good Alfred. I was surprised to see him though, I hadn't seen a cast list before I went.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

yeah, there were two. the first wasn't very good, but the first one was excellent, with a wonderful musical score and a pretty good script ("what about the 'I' word?" "the 'I' word?" "ingagement!" . that one also went over the batman's origins, and i thought it did so a little better, although that may very well be simple nastalgia for the cartoon series that i grew up with.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

do they say stellar over in rainy ol' england? i think i pulled it from an incubus song. coincidentally "stellar". that said, i probably watch to many brit movies for my own good. i think i'll watch shaun of the dead again tonight...

I was shocked and appalled when I left theater after this movie...

I mean, a GOOD Batman movie? Is that even allowed? I thought they were all supposed to be terrible. I personally loved it, being a huge Batman nerd. It was kind of a bummer not to see the fight scenes, but it made sense to me. I think they did a good job capturing the vengeful side of Bruce Wayne. Also, Ras Al'Ghul is probably the coolest villain ever.

36 styles of danger