• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hell's kitchen (tv show)

3hitKO

anybody watching Hell's Kitchen? As a rule I don't like reality shows, but this one pulled me in and now I'm addicted. I don't know I think it's hilarious but my sense of humor is a little off-beat.

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw one episode, j/w in the U.S. is it true that when you when say....1 million dollars you have to pay half of what you won?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Not half. According to this page a person with $1 million in taxable income would need to pay a tax of $324,062.50. Maybe it wouldn't count as taxable income, I don't know. I'm sure we have an accountant around here somewhere. ;)

Anyway, I have watched the show a few times. It's entertaining.

Can you imagine that, just winning say...1 mill and your all happy deciding what to do with the money you thought you would neer get and then getting some mail a couple days later or however they do it saying you need to give up more than 300k, i wonder if theres some sort of loop hole to that.... :-?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

You get the money and then move to the Caiman Islands and you get to keep all of it.

I watched the pasta episode. It didn't appeal to me too much. He wasn't mean the entire time and I was disappointed.

The people on the show aren't that interesting either. That guy who talks to himself every night? What a camera hog. Oh, look at me, pay attention to me, oh look, I'm the only one on t.v. now! Oh please choose me as fan favourite! Never, I say!

"Don't tell me what I can't do."

It's not taxable income, it is a gift award. The current gift tax is 48% (it'll drop to 45% in 2009). That means the winner of 1 million would cough up $480,000!