• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heavy bag or freestanding bag

3hitKO

ok guys, bail me out here.

I'm sure plenty of people on this forum own their own heavy bag or freestanding bag, so i'm just asking for some advice

first off, what would you recommend, a regular heavy bag or a freestanding bag?

second, if you own one, how heavy is it? I've seen some bags range from 20 lbs to around 100 lbs-any thoughts on a standard weight?

lastly, how much did It cost...i'm not poor, but I am...experiencing a lack of funds at the moment, so this information would be helpful.

thanks.

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lol, I recommend a heavy bag personally - thats more of a personal preference than anything else.

Seconly mine weighs about 140lbs ish.... so around 65kgs. The weight depends on what you want ot do with it, boxing wise [since thats ur style] you might want something a little light - ill leave that to someone else ot recommend. I picked 140 because i do a lot of kicking work on it and so need something heavy enough to withstand the kicks without going all over the place, but not too heavy because i have to take it down / put it upwhen i want to use it.

Cost wise mine was £80 so around $150 i think

hope that helps.

hmm...this bag i'm thinking of ordering has a floor attachment so it wouldn't swing

I don't know-if it doesn't swing would a lighter bag work for regular boxing?

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

I guess it would as the impact and follow through plus momentum is no where near as high.... find someone who knows a bit about boxing [in that forum] and PM them sure they wont mind!

I have Ringside free standing bag with a Thai attachment. I really like it. It comes with rocks you fill with sand. If you go light you can kick the bag and have it move around. Fill it more and it stays in one place. It is springy so it doesn't jam you knee like some other free standing bags.

We had one of the wavemasters and filled the base with sand, but ended up kicking the pole off of it.

Here's the links:

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodinfo_punchingbags.asp?number=FHB&variation=&aitem=35&mitem=124

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodinfo_punchingbags.asp?number=FHBTHB&variation=&aitem=36&mitem=124

I like my heavy bag . I had mine made custom so I can't really give you a price that would be relavant to what you would be paying . Mine is stuffed with rags and weighs about 80 lbs . I have the attachment at the bottom which is nice as the bag does not swing near as much . It still moves but the bottom doesn't swing out so repetitive hitting is a bit easier .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

ok guys, bail me out here.

I'm sure plenty of people on this forum own their own heavy bag or freestanding bag, so i'm just asking for some advice

first off, what would you recommend, a regular heavy bag or a freestanding bag?

second, if you own one, how heavy is it? I've seen some bags range from 20 lbs to around 100 lbs-any thoughts on a standard weight?

lastly, how much did It cost...i'm not poor, but I am...experiencing a lack of funds at the moment, so this information would be helpful.

thanks.

Pro's and con's to both: Heavy hanging you have to have a place to hang it - room for it to swing when you pummel it.

Freestandings or generally easier to move around but sometimes cannot take the amount of force you put into your punches/kicks without moving somewhat on their base. Freestandings also do not have the "heft" to them. Punch a 100lb canvas heavy bag and then punch a 270lb Wavemaster XXL - odds are you had a harding target hitting the 100lb bag.

Cost: find a good vendor - ebay has a load. Don't go retail. Shop around.

Of course, i would suggest https://www.bullseyefitness.com - but I'm bias! ;)

Good luck!

BullsEye

Serious Deals, No Bull!

https://www.bullseyefitness.com

=========================