Joecooke007

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bassai Dai is sweet, but I am not a Brown belt yet so my favorite kata that I can run is Empi-Sho and I also run Anaku as well.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

My open form is definately my favorite. Took me years to complete. (evolved over the years into what it is now) It is extremely difficult to perform and takes every ounce of energy to finish but the end result wins...

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

That sounds cool Withers M.A.A. maybe if we meet at some convention somewhere down the road you could show us all you kata.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The coolest form I've seen is the first KSW sword hyung.

However, I'll admit that even the white belt form (Ki Cho Hyung) looked amazing when performed by a master with 20+ years training in the art. :smile:

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

fav is probably seinchin.

but i also favor seipai for its strength.

i have yet to see higher gojuryu katas like suparanpei, kururunfa or seisan (and others i've never heard of, if there is any)

of course, i can't do any of these.. YET!!!

Bassi dai and Kanku Sho are 2 of my favs. I would love to learn Nijushiho.

2nd Dan Black Belt Karate 1st Dan Brithai

Cardio Kickboxing Coach and Professional fitness trainer based in Cambridgeshire England

• 2 weeks later...

Kanku and Yamaha.. is it yamaha, There are lotso f them, i cant even memorize all of the sensei belts.

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite is Sochin as I like the gradual winding-up before the release of energy. I find it unstresses me when I'm annoyed too!

Unfortunately this doesn't mean I'm any good at it at all - that fudo stance is tough! My knees don't like it much either.

Quite like Heians Yon- and Go-Dan too but CAN'T ABIDE Tekki Sho-Dan. Hate it hate it hate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seinchin I find is one of my Katas. That and Matsuma Rohai are Katas I enjoy just because of their balance of hard and soft.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)