tactical umbrela?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine just like a cane. Same structure.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

I hear it is quite effective against multiple enemies, preferrably droplet-sized ones. You have to ensure there are no holes in your defense, otherwise they will slip right on through and rain blows all over you. Not a pretty sight when their main tactic is task-saturation.

Um...

Humor aside, are we talking a modern construction or is this something used "back in the old days"? Furthermore, is this something designed specifically for it (unlikely) or just something easily improvised (probably)?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I think it most cases it would be used just like a cane...and there's a ton of ingo out there on cane defense...

In addition, a lot of the bigger unbrellas used to have a big metal spike on the end, which could be quite a nasty weapon.

The problem is, most people I know don't carry that kind of umbrella anymore. With the more compact auto openig type, you still have a weapon, but now it's more of a small billy club...

ive heard of it, they have canes designed specificly for it too, but i dont know how effective it would be

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

What we have to think about is there are several types of umbrella. The old fashioned ones with the hooked handle and pointed end would be very effective as a weapon. I have done some training with a cane as a weapon and I can say that there are a lot of techniques with that hook. Then there are some with a straight handle; there are still a lot of options with that. You could jab with either end, a lot of the bo staff techniques could carry over to this weapon.

The compact umbrellas could also be used very effectively. You would have to be a little more close to your opponent to use the compact umbrellas efficiently though. The thing to remember when handling yourself with an umbrella is don’t fully rely on it alone. Remember that you also have to hands and two feet that you can use. Don’t try to do Jackie Chan stuff with flipping it out and all of that Hollywood jazz; keep it basic.

yea, ive thought of catching shurikens with it sometimes for no reason :P

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.