• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A real Mc Dojo.

not sure what style ju jitsu it is but i'm sure my friend andy (he used to go) said they grade either every 6 weeks or 6 months, can't remember which he said.

- Hogosha

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

While it is no reflection on the quality of the instruction it is generally a bad sign in regards to the instructor's motivations when there are so many belt and tab rankings that can be moved through very quickly. There are really only two reasons to do this. The first is to cause testing and rank promotions to occur more often and thus rack in more fees. The second is to keep students artificially motivated by offering more rank which in turn equates to more students and more fees. Either way money really is the primary motivator.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

As sauzin says it is generally a bad sign.... the 6th dan may acutally be a gifted student.... just the intructor has chosen to motivate by very short promotions...

We removed a post in error. It is below. I apologize for the confusion.

I'm often the one to say age should not disqualify one from rank... but a 13yo 6th dan is ri-damn-diculous. I declare it a total McDojo.

sounds like a money mill to me. However I would be interested in seeing the students work out if I had the opportunity. Even in McDojo's I have seen very gifted martial artists. They are rare but I have seen them

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.