• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defense against School Scuffles

Just to address "violence never solved anything" thing..... personally i think anyone who said that hasnt ever really looked over a history book - violence has a habbit of settling a lot of things very well.... just should be a last resort rather than a first.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the defence to pushing question, i tend to go with a counter attack.

if your right handed/footed, when the bully pushes you, grab his right hand, pull him and twist so he goes past you. he's now behind you and lightly to the left. his balance will be seriously comprimised as well.

a quick punch or kick to the middle/chest area will knock him flying. spin fast as you go to face him, adding centrifugal force to your blow.

exactly. violence occaisionally is the answer, but should ALWAYS be a last resort (not to sound anoying or "holier than thou", we all lose it sometimes).

"We follow the World,

The World follows Heaven,

Heaven follows Tao,

Tao follows the way things are."

• 2 weeks later...

It is pretty agravating how alot of schools are so strict with this(I can see why though) however I find the best is too throw them down or if you think you really need to front thrust them. If you can tell someone is going to attack you may want to think about who they are and how they attack. For getting suspended most likely they will take your word over the attacker(usually the attacker has a history) if they dont its up to you to say the story otherwise theres nothing you can do which is really stupid.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Right, that's another advantage of fighting back hard - it saves you punishment in the long run, since so many schools have a policy of punishing both people equally.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I was always taught by my teacher that pushing is the second stage in a fight, and you shouldnt let it get there. But if it does, you should be the one to throw the first punch.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

It depends of the martial art you practice also. When I did Wing Chun my sifu told me he'd like the other guy to throw the first punch. Knowing Wing Chun I can understand this because of their trapping techniques, but in other arts it's probably better to throw the first punch.

In karate, Kumite matches are controlled, stopped every time a point is scored, and stopped if an opponent gives up.

At school, kids shove each other, and if a real fight happens, it is not controlled (duh) and often, multiple people gang up on one person.

I am too worried about getting suspended to get in a fight, but how are you supposed to defend against pushing? I often used perry blocks but many times, there are multiple people pushing me in the middle. I don't hang out with these bullies, but sometimes, they follow me.

What's your suggestions to defend against this?

Notify anyone with authority. Most of your peers will look at this as being scared or what ever else they can think of. But its better then being suspended. In 10 years no one will care you told a teacher about someone trying to fight you. But a college might notice a suspension and recognize that as a behavioral problem. So many consequences, for something so petty

~ You first mistake is to underestimate ~

A while back... bout a year ago I got into a fight or started to, right in front of a teacher. He was watching what was going on. This kid threw a big John Wayne Overhand and I blocked it as hard as I could and I almost broke the kids arm. since a teacher saw this so i didnt get suspended but this other kid did for 3 days.

My advice. Block before you attack.. and if you have to attack. attack un notacibly like a low kick to the shin or somthing low. just dont do it too hard because if the guy bends over the teacher will think you are the aggressor and you will get suspended. But the best thing to do is just to walk away and pay no attention to them.

Just if you do walk away make sure there not following.

I have been at it for 9 years kicking and punching my way up the ranks now im a blackbelt at the age of 13. Come get me. LOL