• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring tips for kyokushinkai

makiwaraman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Steve Arneil is legendary in the Kyokushin community. Be glad that you have such a great instructor. He was the very first man to do the 100 man kumite in 1965. Tough guy for sure. Good luck and have fun! OSU!

"The true essence of karate, the perfection or ideal for which we strive, cannot be expressed or passed on through the spoken or written word. It is intangible in nature"

Chojun Miyagi

Thank you for your advice, I went and trained with hanshi Steve Arneil any of you know him or train with him. I feel a bit disapointed as we did not do any kumite as such we did do target practice were you stand still and the person facing you attacks with no contact for two minutes then you attack then change partners down the line and start again . But if all kyokushinkai classes are like that you guys are fit warriors. I enjoyed the training and will go back and train with them soon and hopefully do some sparring.

Regards maki

Steve Arneil is the chief president of the international federation of karate (IFK) , verry good instructor . There are other organisations of Kyokushinkai :

1- IKO1 ( International kyokushinkai organization 1 ) cheif instructor

kansho Mastui

2- IKO2

3- IKO3 ( kansho Mastushuma )

and others , IKO1 and IKO3 are the most important organizations - from the way I c it - however Arneil is one of the best you should be thankfull that you had the oppertunity to train under him . And Kyokushin is not all about sparring , Kihon and kata are as important as kumitee , sometimes in my dojo we don't spare for about 3 or 4 sessions and sometimes we spare all the time .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I figured hanshi was someone to get to train under when after training speaking to others they told me how far they had come and I thought the 24 miles I did was far enough.

regards maki

We are necessarily imperfect and therefore always in a state of growth,

We can always learn more and therefore perform better.

• 3 weeks later...