• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First tournament experience...

Koji-Kabuto

Well, yes, in a rushed decision, I decided to participate in a tournament yesterday(I have been training for 3 months), it was like, my sensei told me... "Come on, please, we don't have enough white belts..." and I decided to volunteer, anyway, I didn't fight all that bad, but lost, though I am goddamn sore... :lol:

Despite all that, I was commended by like half of the dojo for having guts, so, in the end it was a pretty good experience, the object of this post is for other people to share their experiences too, so go ahead...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

congrats on your first tournement (who cares if you lose) and well done for having the guts to enter, there a couple of brown belts at my club who run a mile if you mention competitons. hopefully now your sensei will identify a weakness so that you can practise and improve before the next one.

and good luck to Hogosha for your competition... :)

as for me i lost my first competion 6-0 and 9-0 and yet last year i won 6-5, so if i can do it, anyone can

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

I remember my first tournament , I was scared to death , I had to fight a green belt in my first round which scared me more , anyway , i fought well but lost , the second time I met that same guy ( I was yellow and he still was green ) I beat the hell out of him :P . Now we both are Nidan and I still beat him every time , lol .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

not been in a tournament yet but i will be in my first on 26th june. :D

Good luck. I remember my first tournament. I was a yellow belt. I got the snot kicked out of me lol, but remember losing to an opponet is not something to worry about. Losing to fear is (just read my sig lol). Any way, go have fun.

"Daniel-san! Daniel-san! It okay lose to opponent,

must not lose to fear!"

~ Mr. Miyagi ~

My first "tornament" (if that is what you want to call it) was in a high school gym with about four judges in all. One for best kick, best kata, sparing, and best one-steps. I hated it, you won a trophey just for showing up. Anyways I took fifth in all of my divisions.

My first real experience was awesome. I did some judging and score keeping, good experience. I participated in Kata and Sparing. I lost in all of my kata events, only went twice and in sparing I lost to two black belts and won against one balck belt (I am only first brown). I was the lowest rank in my division (brown and black) and I was also the only female. It was wonderful to feel the movement of intense sparing, not to mention kicking a black belts butt!

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

great job! i just did my first tournament as well. i've heard it was videotaped, so i'm looking forward to seeing how well my own memory and the reality of the fight match up. could be pretty amusing, i think..... :lol:

i didn't win, but i was happy with how i did too. the fight was called after a round, and i really wanted to go another!

well done you do have guts.

it is hard enough walking through the door of the dojo to start but even harder performing infront of all those people, as not many do.

the nerves before a competition are horrible, especially if it is your first, so well done for having a go, it will not be as bad next time

:D

oliver willison