• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yellow belt

al karate

I go for my blue belt Sunday. I feel I'm ready. I know all my terminology and all my katas. We have to spar with 2 different black belts as well. I really love to sparring but sometimes I get frustrated because I think I don't know enough or can't seem to get down certain move when sparring. Then I have to remind myself that I've only been at this for 5 months and I'm sparring with a 4th degree black belt. Patients is definelty the name of the game.

I like what everyone else said about not automaticaly knowing everything for a certain rank when you get the belt. I never thought of it that way before.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used to learn and practice at least one belt higher technics , so by the time i tested for one belt i knew more then I was supose to and you can actualy be a lower belt but be better then some higher belts. That is allway fun , to see their faces, when you know what they know or even more.

What the hell? People get blue belts in 5 months??

Dude, it's only the second up from a white belt. Maybe some people take to karate faster than others. I don't mean to brag, but I have better technique and sparring skills than some of the green belts at our dojo. I practice allot and I'm constantly working on improving my skills. It just seems to come natural to me.

We have a belt test every 3 or 4 months. So it just works out that I'm ready to test when the time arrives.

Its also worth knowing that in many styles the belst colors differ. The only constants are white, brown and Black.

Blue in one style may be lower or higher on the ladder than in another.

Osu!

Why is it, when all is said and done, that more is said than done - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

• 1 month later...

Well just remember your instructor wouldnt have given you your yellow belt if you werent good enough. I got my orange belt a few months ago which is one above yellow and i dont really know how i felt if i was ready. But something i do is i do 100 of each kata before i can get the next belt and i also have to write an essay on my thoughts so i get to relfect too. You could do some of that just for the fun of it or to feel good about it.

Focus

your your own biggest critic, or maybe your teacher gave it to you before you were ready, but just work harder so that fro your next belt you feel that you have earned it 110%

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."