• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there anybody else who can't swallow pills?

KarateChick06

I'm supposed to take an antibiotic, and now have to drink this yucky, pinky kid stuff b/c I can't swallow pills. (The pills couldn't be cut, crushed, or chewed.) Does anybody have any swallowing suggestions?

I've practiced all these ways with tiny candy, and it still doesn't work:

1) Put the pill on the tip of my tongue, took a swig and tilted my head back.

2) Put the pill on the back of my tongue, took a drink and tilted head forward.

3) Put the pill on the back of my tongue, took a drink and tilted head back.

4) Put the pill on the tip of my tongue, took a swig and tilted my head

5) Filled mouth with water and dropped pill in.

6) Filled mouth with water, dropped in pill, gargled.

7) Put pill in mouth, gulped water.

8) Chewed food, put pill in that, swallow.

^And many other ways. I can't psych myself out because there's nothing to psych myself out of. I'm not afraid of swallowing pills; I desperately wish I could swallow them.

Argh, help! :lol:

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have the same problem with my allergy medicines.... I would put the pill in a big spoon-full of applesauce and slurp that down without any problem

Kuk Sool Won Jae Jah

Jah Ddi (Brown Belt)

I don't have any problem... I just drink water (swallow).

What about sticking it in a little bit large piece of food? Like a piece of bread. Granted, it's a little bigger, but since its something you'd eat anyway, maybe you'd be able to do it...

You are psyching yourself out.

I deal with this everyday and it is often quite the challenge to convince someone to swallow a pill. There is no real thrick, you just have to decide to do it. One thing I try on kids is ask them if they can swallow big 'ol hunks of MacDonalds hamburgers (they always say yes). Then I point out that the pill is so tiny compared to that burger....just pretend it's the burger. It usually works...on kids. Adults are harder because they have convinced themselves for years that they CAN'T do it... and there's too much thinking about it. You have to convince yourself that you can. Good luck!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Umm....I used to not be able to. I insisted it was unnatural, so I think I must have eventually just realized that I shoved more in my mouth and swallowed than that pill every day. Go figure.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

My mom too :)

I agree with ninjanurse. It's a matter of deciding and then doing it. Try to relax about it. After all - it's just a pill. ;)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Orange juice helps.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.