• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

cinema

al karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't have the time to list the things I dislike about the cinema. I'd rather rent and put my $2300 living room set and my $1700 home theater setup to at least some use :lol: .

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

As a matter of fact, I read an article earlier today about how Hollywood is in the biggest box-office slump in 20 years.

Its all about how people nowadays would rather stay home and watch rented movies than go to the theatre to see them. One reason is the price-you could rent a flick for around $5.50 and watch at home, or you could buy a ticket and see it in the theatres. The difference: after the concession stand gets through with you, you'll have likely spent close to $15. Some people just hate theatres because of all the people.

On the other hand, George Lucas says that one reason many people go is to socialize. They enjoy going to theatres and being around other people, like a social event.

Myself, I couldn't care either way. I have minimal patience, so if there's a movie I want to see, I'll probably go see it in theatres. On the other hand, I'm not opposed to kicking back at home with a rented movie-more blankets.

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

I like it, but I don't like how loud it is, and I don't like it when people make a lot of noise.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I like going to the movies just to get out and go somwhere, but get videos a lot more often. I rent movies usually once a week, but only go to the theater once every couple of months. I figure it like this:

Movies

Movie itself -- $5.50

Popcorn&soda-- $7

$12.50 total, plus the time and gas for a 30 minute round-trip, not to mention waiting in lines, sitting in uncomfortable seats, and not being able to pause the show.

Videos

$2.50 a video at my favorite rental place (and 2 for 1 on Wednesdays), $4 for a gallon of ice cream (which I like MUCH more than popcorn! Yummy), 3 minutes from home, I can exercise, or lay on the floor, couch, bed, or recliner while watching it; I can pause it, and I can watch it as many times as I like in 3 days. Renting movies rocks. :D

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

cinemas

$13 [equivalent made - £6.50 a ticket on saturdays]

$10 petrol

dont have popcorn etc cos its a rip off

Spending the night out with my friends and having a great tiem taking the rip out of whatever horror film happens to have recently come out...... PERFECt.

Thats why i love the cinema... just dont find renting the same - oh and our seats are REALLY comfy :D

Yeah, I've been in some theaters where the seats are super-comfy, but I'm in a small town, and the seats SUCK. No head rests!

LOL I don't get popcorn and soda either (I can't stand popcorn) but I included anyways just for the sake of comparing the outrageous cost of movie food (that I don't like) and food from my own house. ;)

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?