• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tsd in karate?

kitsune_no_tama

Yes you our right i apoligze.I alwess tought we got the word do froum japines.Yes tsd mean way of the chiness hand. I was simply trying to show how we show our influinces.I didnt mean it ment thous things.I was showing how tang was showing respect to our chines influince.Soo was korean and.Untill today when i asked my instructor i tought do was took froum the japines lanweg to show thear influince in our art.But i was rong so i do apoligize

PS.sorry for the bad grammer.I will try to improve on it

Don't worry,and your grammer is pretty good for it not being your native language.By the way were are you from?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
doesn't tang soo do mean "the way of the chinese hand?"

My girlfriend speaks fluent Korean, and she said Tang Soo means hand chop. Do in Japanese means way. Since TKD has Shotokan influences, although most Koreans will not admit it, I'm guessing they borrowed DO from the Japanese.

"The true essence of karate, the perfection or ideal for which we strive, cannot be expressed or passed on through the spoken or written word. It is intangible in nature"

Chojun Miyagi

• 2 weeks later...
doesn't tang soo do mean "the way of the chinese hand?"

My girlfriend speaks fluent Korean, and she said Tang Soo means hand chop. Do in Japanese means way. Since TKD has Shotokan influences, although most Koreans will not admit it, I'm guessing they borrowed DO from the Japanese.

so if "do" is japanese why do other non japanese styles have it.Example Jeet Kune Do
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu