• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...yeah, pretty much.

I can do it, though it's not nearly as fluid, and I don't recommend it unless you've practiced a bunch. If you do use it, it's really good in sparring, though.

How I do it, is a kick-drag wheel kick with left, then, instead of just snapping it back and setting it down, I snap it to the left, and let my hips follow, which, when added to a right wheel kick motion, makes it for a pretty clean kick.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

this really deomonstrates how confusing names can be for kicks especially... more so than hands. Just soooo many different names for them

You can even see it in a single art - compare WTF TKD to ITF TKD - walking stance is different.... reverse side kick is different... its not just different interpretation in some cases - sometimes they're wholly different moves.

• 1 month later...

Ive seen some crazy chicken kicks, one of which broke someones finger and the other (different set of fighters) knocked someone out!

There is no teacher but the enemy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, kick names are confusing. I know some people that call spinning back kicks round house kicks. Actually it hink alot of people do. Its also kinda because it seems in all martial arts everyone kicks a little bit different while there arent many different ways to punch or elbow someone.

Focus

we call a "hook kick" a heel kick

though occasionally me or another instructor will call it a hook kick, and the kids get confused

the kids also get confused if i say "round" instead of "roundhouse" kick

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein