• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ne1 here study stav martial arts?

just out of curiousity i wanted to see if there were any druid martial artists that use the forums, or if their even allowed to use computers (lol)

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stav martial arts is a europian form of kung fu, only instead of being based on animals, its based on nordic religious concepts and stances for the 16 futhark runes.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

just out of curiousity i wanted to see if there were any druid martial artists that use the forums, or if their even allowed to use computers (lol)

Druids aren't necessarily barred from using computers. I have a friend who follows a druidic path, and is a network admin.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

its not really kung fu at all. it is alot like kung fu as it runs very circular and is a very flowing art. when stav originated the norse didnt even have ties with china. im not saying that it is actually kung fu, but a spectator not familiar with either type of martial art would not be able to distinguish them. if someone had not heard of stav, they would probably think that stav was a kind of kung fu also

-Isao Obata

its not really kung fu at all. it is alot like kung fu as it runs very circular and is a very flowing art. when stav originated the norse didnt even have ties with china. im not saying that it is actually kung fu, but a spectator not familiar with either type of martial art would not be able to distinguish them. if someone had not heard of stav, they would probably think that stav was a kind of kung fu also
i didn't think it was kung fu to start with.Anyways can u tell me more about it or give some websites were I can check it out.Also are there any schools in America?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

from what i hear its not all that great, but it is better than some things out there. its better than chung moo doe i know that lol. they use way to many unnecessary movements and high kicks. and even above that they are more cult active than they are martial arts. they worship their founder, John C. "Iron" kim. some junk about jumping off 11 and 8 story buildings and junk and being wanted for bruce lee replacement. i wouldnt say that stav is really a cult martial art because its based on old religion that is still quite common. the weapons in stav i would have to say are rather heavy to handle dually. its not too shabby but its not that great either.

-Isao Obata