Yellow: Kihon kata

Orange: Geki Sai dai Ichi

Green: Geki Sai dai Knee?

Blue: Saifer

Purple: Kushan Ku and Sanchin

Brown (1): Nifanchi

Brown (2): Sae unchin

Brown (3): Tensho

Sorry about spelling really not sure, have tried to spell phonetically. Though you must remember i still after twelve years am improving even my white belt kata, and a lot of practice is needed to keep at my standard. Certainly not like some styles who half learn a kata, grade then throw away. (sorry rant over)

Jon

Take life and live it

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I am working on "tweaking" Gekisai dai ni. I have been working on this kata since last spring, when I was a yellow belt, so now I'm just working on small corrections in stances and also in getting my speed up.

At the same time I am working on Kihon Gekisai dai ichi/ni as well as Rensuko Kumite Gekisai dai ichi/ni. I'm hoping to test for my green belt this spring, so I'm working very hard on all of those.

Lol spent 11 years tweaking geki sai dai knee so far:) Surely you mean sanchin and tensho are everything. How can you have one without the other, thats the same as having hard without soft? Or is that GoJu specific? Have always been taught tensho is the soft to sanchins hard?

Discuss

Jon

Take life and live it

Yeh i love it but think its impossible to ever perfect it (though would you want to?) Though must confess my big love is saunchin kata(spelt right?) Lol do have a life out of karate as well tho (somewhere....)

Take life and live it

Well, here...I know these Kata, and due to the fact that I just moved into the adult ranking system, I'm not sure which one(s) I will test on.

I know all five Kihon Kata, all Heian five Kaya, Hungetsu Kata, Rohai, Teno Kata, Chinto Kata, Kata Ananku, Kata Wanshu, Bo No Kata Dai Ichi, Shu-shino-kun-sho (spelling?), and a sai kata that I was never given the name of...

I think I will test on Heian Yondan and Shodan, their bonki, and I think I have to write a history paper, but I'm not sure about any of that.

Nothing Else Matters

Yeh i love it but think its impossible to ever perfect it (though would you want to?) Though must confess my big love is saunchin kata(spelt right?) Lol do have a life out of karate as well tho (somewhere....)

You know, it's funny, that's one thing I have found that I really do love about karate. No matter how much you "think" you know, you really are just beginning. The journey is fantastic. I found it a bit frustrating when I got my yellow belt, because I came out of the grading feeling very comfortable in what I knew. The very next class in, I was feeling very uncomfortable with all the new things I was learning! LOL! That in itself was a great learning experience for me. I've never done anything like this before, and I can tell that it is going to be a very large part of my life for a very long time!

I'm still learning Sanchin Ichi. I have the movements basically memorized, but the breathing is still a problem for me. It is a good one though, a great way to warm up and get the blood pumping!

im currently working on shisochin.

my style is zen goshu and our katas go

punch block pattern 1

punch block pattern 2

punch block pattern 3

taikyoku jodan

taikyoku chudan

taikyoku gedan

retsu gekisai ichi

retsu gekisai ni

gekisai dai ichi

gekisai dai ni

sanchin

tensho

retsu saifa

saifa

seinchin

sanseru

shisochin

sepai

and im not sure what is after that. i guess ill find out further down the path

Pain is a sensation and all sensations should be enjoyed.