karate kid 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for myself, my 'main' kata i've used for a long time, and had success with in tournament is ni sei shi

*forgive me if my spelling is off, i just started training again after three years off after tearing my abdominal wall in a car wreck, so i'm just getting the terminology back...so i spelt it out phonetically*

I don't mind the heian katas so much, tho they took some time to get used to with different stances than i was used to *at the time we introduced them into a chito ryu class, when we changed our style to Renshikan....and also it's tough to get used to the heian names when i went by pinan for years*

I'm also working on learning chinto *again, i -think- the spelling is right*...but being a green belt with three years of downtime due to injury, it's a slow process getting my form back to where it was...

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

• 1 month later...
At the moment i'm learning hein needan the red belt kata which one are you on? i would be intrested to know

Since I've been training a long time, I typically pick one that I know that I have not done in a while and go through it 8 to 10 times. My favorite is Sochin. My next favorite is Unsu. I also enjoy Seisan and Sochin from Shito-Ryu, which are the last ones I have learned.

• 5 weeks later...

right now im doin all heians and 3 taikyokus tekki sho, and bassai dai, im a purple where i went/go im takin a break from there but its inbetween orange and green some dojos have purple as a high rank but mines a lower rank but some people where i go dont know the katas and they are higher than me, but even though i know more i still pracitce to get the quality into it i hate rushin katas

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/CVQuiK/jackie-pose.gif

white:takiyoku shodoan

yellow: takiyoku shodan/heian shodan

orange: heian shodan/heian nidan

blue:heian nidan/heian sandan

green:heian sandan/heian yondan

purple 1: heian yondan/heian godan

purple 2:heain godan/tekki shodan

brown 1: tekki shodoan/bassai dai

brown 2:bassai dai/empi

brown 3: bassai dai/empi/jion/hangetsu/kanku dai/jintte

shodan:all above katas plus Unsu/nijo shi ho

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.