• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tall vs short

Usually the taller guy, ive faught some short guys made of iron but i was still able to win my using my kicks and reach to get the jabs in, if he tried to get in..and so on.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey y2_sub , I thought the rundown had capoiera?Also how is vovinam similar to kung fu?

I am talking about the scene where the rebels trap the rock and start kicking the hell out of him , i assumed that was Viet Vo Dao cause of the high flying moves they did .

it is similar to kung fu in lots of stances , hand techniques , foot techniques and some of the high flying moves , also china is the only neighbouring country of viet nam ( Vietnam history is characterized by the fightings against the Chinese invasions ) so the chinese martial arts have definatly influenced Viet Vo Dao

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I see,well I can't say that I have actually seen vovinam in action.But in that jungle scene everybody tells me thats capoiera and it looks like it 2

I watched "The rundown" tonight ( i have the DVD ) and i got confused , the fight seemed like capoiera most of the times , however , what made me suspect it was vovinam in the first place is a move that was used frenquently in the two vovinam presentations that i have watched on TV . the move is , when he locks the head with his feets and takes him down to the ground ( does it have a name ???? )

Well I have found that in grappling it has MUCH more to do with weight then it does height. But most of you guys are talking about striking.

And in striking weight plays a big role , it's very hard to beat an opponent who weighs more than you , wither you are going to strike , throw or takedown !!!

was it the 825 posts that gave it away. lol and i guess my impartiality....

although i have had a lot of imflammatory posts.... i just dont like assumptions...

anyway thanks :D