• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tall vs short

yes vovinam viet vo dao does work on the small / tall thing.... but it doesn also have some really obviously unrealistic techniques built in [a lot of the aerial work they do].....

I think with any style overall i would put my money on the tall person [higher mass].... but it would also depend on build [lanky versus squat.....]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what my pastor friend said a short guy who knows karate can beet the taller guy but if the taller guy knows karate the little guy doesent stand a chance.

Pogo

The fighter with no conscience is the one who would win. The one who is most comitted to injuring their opponent without regard for consequences.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Any one here ever heard of a Vietnamese style called Vovinam aka Viet Vo Dao?This style is made so that the smaller person take out the bigger oponent easily

Yes , similar to kung fu in many ways .

You can c this style in action in " The rundown" movie .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I like what my pastor friend said a short guy who knows karate can beet the taller guy but if the taller guy knows karate the little guy doesent stand a chance.

Not Necessarily , Mas. Funakushi was short and yet he is the father of modern karate , Morihei Ueshiba sensei ( O-sensei ) was short and he founded aikido !!!! Kenji Midori is not that tall and he won the 5th World Open kyokushinkai Tournament (1991) , ( not street but it's full contact )

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

i think they're jus talking generally.... rather than example. but i still agree, overall i would give the advantage to the taller guy.... but it wouldnt be a definite decision