• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tall vs short

Who do you think would have an advantage in a street fight, a tall person or a short person? I'd say the short person because most street fights are in close quarters and short people are more suited to fighting in close range. Many street effective styles such as hung gar and wing chun are designed to work for shorter people.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but I'm no so sure grappling is that much better to short people than to tall people. And it's not THAT easy to get in close in a steet fight, the tall guy might have a chance to land a solid one before the shorter one can even make an attack. I'd advantage the taller guy.

i think the tall person has the advantage, since he has a better reach and if the shorter guy gets in close thats what elbows and knees are for. And in grappling how does a short guy have the addvantage?

Don't block with your face.

--Soo Bahk

tall - range, and generlly balance, can make their base wider generally proportional to their height.... depends on build though

I'd have to put my money on the tall guy almost every time here. I'm a fairly short person, and in some situations that can work to my advantage against a taller opponent, but in an all out street conflict I think the superior strength of a bigger opponent with less skill could quite possibly overwhelm a smaller fighter. Not to say that a skilled small fighter can't take out bigger oponents. But the timing speed and accuracy of the strikes would have to be quite good.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

The tall guy has the advantage for sure. He has longer weapons with joints in them so that they can be used a close and long range. Joints can also be used to lower the centre of gravity.