• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To quickly address mattyj's comment about ITF not having sport orientation..... i didnt mean it was wholly sport oriented, buti was saying that sport tae kwon do has place in both WTF and ITF styles, WTF tends to be a larger part of the training is sport..... but ITF does have a sport side.... but is mostly traditional.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

("What i ment is TKD connot survive in a full contact environment , thats why we don't c TKD guys succefully competing in k-1 or UFC .")

I have No Idea where you got that info. lets all agree that 99.9% of ufc is jujitsu and BJJ, there is very little karate as there is very little TKDin the ufc, even kickboxing is low in the ufc.

I have done full contact for 6 years in Taekwondo you just have to go to the right places.

Andrew

"Who Dares, Wins"

yay another chance to say - not necessarily what you train but how you train that makes the biggest difference.... but i agree there arent a lot of TKD guys that really train for thingsl ike UFC... orj ust generally fighting.

One thing I have to say is, who on here fights in the UFC?

Is it relevant in the street? :dodgy:

Plus I don't fight in K-1 so I don't care about TKD in a ring, I care about it when I'm walking round the back of the estate and some scallies get a bit clever. :evil:

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

i take TKD in florida.and though our school is traditional as far as poomse and style goes..the advanced classes, blackbelt club and masters club..we do alot of olympic style drills..and in a full contact situation i find TKD very effective.

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

i doubt the effectiveness of some of the Olympic style stuff [not WTF in general as a style, just the sparring orientation].

I guess it still comes down to how you train, and teh situation you find yourself in.

• 4 weeks later...

My friend say's " It's with the person not the art."

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

- Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It absolutely depends on what style of the art a person undertakes. I learned TKD under the Chung Do Kwan Alliance, which is traditional and very NON-olympic. I've actually found the majority of the movements to be nearly identical to those of Shotokan Karate.