• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Line work

SANCHIN31

How many of you practice line work? Seems like alot of schools have abandoned it,but there are alot of benefits in line work.

Concentration (focus)

Muscle control

Fitness

Fluid motion

Balance

Line work is not all that is needed,but it needs to be repeatedly drilled to develop good form.Good form leads to good technique which leads to good applications for your karate. Line work is especially important for the beginners to learn the basics. :)

A blackbelt is not the beginning,it's a piece of cloth,that's all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what exactly do you meen by line work?

if you are talking about lining up in rows and going back and forth across the dojo then yes we do that, and from what i thought that was fairly common?

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

Yes we sure do. And at training camps we make students do line work for up to 2 hours non stop with things like oi zuki

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Our school also does line drills to start the class. We usually start with the line drills first excpt on mondays which are sparring days.

"It's not whos right, but whos left!"

it seems based on this thread that many schools still participate in line work after all.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

ya, my dojo does it. its a require to do once every class.

i wasnt aware that lots of dojos are abandoning it :-?

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

I say many schools based on the schools in my area that I have visited. Hopefully this isn't the norm all over. :karate:

A blackbelt is not the beginning,it's a piece of cloth,that's all.