• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

need calligraphy symbol

JimmyNewton

does anyone have the japanese calligraphy symol for "sensei"

I'm doing a portrait for someone as a gift and would like to include that symbol in my piece.

thanks

jn

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

先生

You may want to do a google image search of the word sensei and maybe you can come up with more elaborate looking versions rather than straight up print.

edit: nevermind...you'd probably come up with too much extra stuff since it is a common word...

I've sent you a pic with the proper stroke order (in case you are trying to draw it). I'll look for a genuine calligraphy piece though.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

There is a site online somewhere that translates from english to japanese and gives you the kanji.

Thats where I got my avatar before the management here moaned and made me take it down

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Hmm...were you looking for "calligraphy" or just the characters themselves? In such case, what I sent you should be sufficient...I was thinking you were looking more for a "cursive" version of it. In that case, I'm still looking. (I've no confidence in my cursive skills)

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/