• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want to learn internal energy arts but.....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Look for less "flashy" teachers, and spread your net wider. Plus, you may have plenty of financial leaks you can patch up if you look for them. I'm not sure how low you are trying to get the cost or why - if you're eyeing some $300/month trendy place with their own facilities and such, you can probably get better value than that somewhere, but below a certain point it's just getting petty to bargain hunt.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Look for less "flashy" teachers, and spread your net wider. Plus, you may have plenty of financial leaks you can patch up if you look for them. I'm not sure how low you are trying to get the cost or why - if you're eyeing some $300/month trendy place with their own facilities and such, you can probably get better value than that somewhere, but below a certain point it's just getting petty to bargain hunt.

$300 a month? Wow. I know my laoshi doesn't charge as much as he could, but I'm only paying $130 every 9 weeks. $300 a month is simply out of most people's financial ability.

Ask around, that's a good way to find someone. But do a check on the person. There are a lot of imposters out there who claim they come from this or that lineage who actually don't.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

I've heard of $300/mo before. It was certainly an outlier, but it exists. Point being that I don't know how many places were shopped around.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I suppose $300 is alot but I have seen semi and private lessons go for that per class . Not sure about your area but there are several in my area that offer reasonable group class rates and even a few schools and teachers that are willing to work out some sort of arrangement with you .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

man, i've only paid 20 dollars a month for the last 10 yrs or so with my master.....must be nice having a master that doesn;t rely on teaching martial arts as his sole source of income!

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 2 weeks later...

books: I recommend

"The Way of Energy" by master LAm Kam Chuen

and "The Way of Power" byt the same author.

Both books are great if you want to learn about chi and get ur body in shape, probably even find somethign u werent even looking for but u will like

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I know some of the BJJ gracie schools that charged arond that much after the first UFC because of all the hype and exposure but with so many schools around even they dropped there prices around 150 or less now.

300 a month forget that.