My critisism of NHB/mma events

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it is a weird move I guess I would bite and fish hook if I had to in a self defense move but those moves are disgusting to me and I really wouldn't want to do them. especially fish hooking. I am not comfortable sticking my fingers in some one's mouth.

very true, but I aovid and vehemently stay away from the oil check as well.

I am sure if you been around the net enough at least on mma.tv and fight sport you seen the predators threads about that huh?

Oil check didn't work for ricco against marcella in adcc to well. He still got beat.

I think it generally proved that when a grappler and a sriker fight the grappler will usually win. Striking stlyes certainly arent useless though.

You also have to look at whotch stlyes were able to cross train and become sucessful so far the stlyes that have been able to do that are

Boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ, Judo, wrestling, sambo and there are a few karate guy mainly from kyokushin and its ofshoots aswell.

But you are right there are stlyes that dont work well against trained fighters but will help people on the street.

I agree being a striker myself(muay thai) I find it alot harder to win agaisnt the average grappler oppose to the average striker. The striker really has to know what hes doing if he wants to keep the entire fight on his feet, and lets face it on one I know can do that every match, and most fights actually do turn into grappling. But we all know it really comes down to the person,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

yeah it is a weird move I guess I would bite and fish hook if I had to in a self defense move but those moves are disgusting to me and I really wouldn't want to do them. especially fish hooking. I am not comfortable sticking my fingers in some one's mouth.

Neither am I lol, I dont want to think about the consequence of getting caught with someone ready to finish the fish hook in your mouth.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn