• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My critisism of NHB/mma events

Yes and no. A two handed is certainly more effective but a one figer fishhook is still hard to get your teeth on if it's already "HOOKED" in. Pun intended :D

I'm only going to ask you once...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes...but still there is a chance for biting - so they have to allow it really .. if your gonna let people start putting things in each others mouths - they should be allowed to bite.

Actually, biting was never allowed in any of the early mixed martial arts events, UFC included.

This doesnt mean that the rule was always followed. No one lost fingers to my knowledge, but Yuki Nakai got bit on the shoulder, and Royce Gracie got bit on the ear.

Ironically, both incidences involved the same fighter.

To my knowledge the only rules in the early UFCs were no fish hooking or eye gouging.

I'm only going to ask you once...

The first UFC's were simply no biting and no eye gouging- biting has the potential to be a health hazard.

Fish hooking and some of the other rules were introduced after the first couple of tournaments.

Yep the first UFC's had the same rules as Ancient pankration...no biting and no eye gouging...and both of those still occured from time to time.

its going to though isnt it - i mean just look how close everyone is and how much stuff they do to each other - a bites going to get in every so often!

Yeah, but it shouldnt- thats a cheesy way to fight (ignoring the rules).

They showed a good example of how biting and eye gouging dont change the tempo of a fight a whole lot. The guy who did both thankfully got his own in the end (Royce refused to release a chokehold when he tapped out).