• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes! My dream guitar!!!

ShotokanKid

I got my dream guitar (my fourth guitar) today. It's a Gison Songwriter Deluxe Cutaway. I'm so happy :P

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrads :D If I still played drums (regular drums that is ... I'm into learning Taiko drums now), I would want a Tama 5 peice kit (double bass petal). That would make me play drums again :)

Laurie F

Congrats. I bought my hubby a Gibson Les Paul Standard earlier this year. He loves it.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I'm still playing my black Gibson Les Paul Custom, vintage 1969 - 1971, original humbucker pick ups and all!

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/images/t_2039_1.jpg

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• 2 weeks later...

Laurie,

The photo I posted is one I found on the web. I'll have to post a photo of mine, it's very similar. I got it in 1973 or 74. My first songs were "Heart of Gold" and "Take Me Home Country Roads". I was weaned on groups like Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Wishbone Ash, Beatles, and America. In the early 80's I played in a 'reception' type band and we did everything from Hank Williams to Led Zeppelin (yes, we did Stairway To Heaven). In the mid 80's I got into a New Wave band where we did covers as well as wrote our own songs. I started playing Country in the 90's, ie: George Strait, Alabama, Paul Overstreet, etc.

I haven't played in a while, but I am currently teaching my 12 year old daughter how to play. She wants to play Ironman (Ozzy), Stairway to Heaven, Dueling Banjos, and a song by Simple Plan (I Don't Wanna Think About You). Just last night I started learning "Canon in D major" by Johann Pachelbel, aka "Christmas Canon" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. One of my sons plays melodic bells (Xylophone) and the other can pick up songs on keyboard, so I'm hoping that we can put together an arrangement with guitar, keyboard, and bells that we can play at our annual Christmas Eve party this year.

This is the arrangemet I'm going for:

http://wm.atlrec.com/Trans-Siberian_Orchestra/new_03/christmascanon_300.wmv

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• 1 month later...

what kind of guitar is it?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I got my dream guitar (my fourth guitar) today. It's a Gison Songwriter Deluxe Cutaway. I'm so happy :P

Wow, that's a really expensive guitar...did you save up from working or something?