• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anime

SBN Doug

O.k., I've heard enough references in other threads to know I'm not alone in my appreciation for anime.

However, I haven't got to the point where I'm getting the Japanese versions (plus my wife would kick my butt).

What's your favorite anime series (not single movie)? I really liked Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, and Gundam Wing. However, my favorite is still DBZ! :kaioken: :kaioken:

Ooops, just found the other thread on this topic. Oh well.

[ This Message was edited by: KSN Doug on 2002-02-27 12:27 ]

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a huge fan but I have watched my share of Anime and there have been times where I am captivated or emersed in enjoyment. I have watched:

Rurouni Kenshin (1st and 2nd season, 62 episodes)

Evangelion (Whole TV series and movie)

Utena movie but not series

Cowboy Bebop (Whole TV series)

Some Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, Dragonball Z, and Magic User's Club

Ninja Scroll

Princess Mononoke

some Hentai (b/c I was at my friend's house and he put it on :razz: seriously)

My favorite is Kenshin and Utena (b/c it was unique)

Usually I always order the Japanese versions online b/c otherwise I don't feel like I'm watching 'Anime' lol. I post on a forum (rarely though) at http://www.animenation.com. :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Spinninggumby,

Do you mean you order the video tapes on line, or is there a site where you can watch them on your computer, and not have to buy the tape?

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Yeah, you can get them online or if there is a Suncoast Video store close by they should have an Anime section with DVDs or videos with original Japanese dialogue with subtitles. Also, you can try looking around for import shops.

Try http://www.animenation.com to order online or get more news and stuff on Anime, it's pretty coolio :smile: They provide updated news on new DVD releases and the like.

Side Note: Sometimes the Japanese DVDs sold online do not work on American DVD players, unless ur DVD is multiregional. However, it is unlikely that they would sell u an Anime DVD with English subtitles available and not make it compatible with US DVD players. Actually I just realized that I don't even know if u even live in the US, haha, but anyways. Usually this is rare but I would check just in case :smile:

"Being able to move in and out of styles, movements, and rhythms with ease is the highest skill." - Donnie Yen

"If you have to resort to violence, you've already lost" - Rising Sun

"The finest steel emerges from the hottest furnace" - a smart guy

[ This Message was edited by: spinninggumby on 2002-02-28 12:12 ]

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Thats all Kiddy Stuff..

Tekkaman Blade is a good anime, Ninja Scrolls, Akira, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust...

It really depends on what you want, horror, sci fi, or comedy. I tend to like SCI fi anime the best. Horror anime is wierd, I don't like to see demons raping women. Japanese don't think rape is bad either...

The 1st DBZ movie with Brolly is my favorite, you have to see that one.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance, but I thought all that bizarre stuff like demons doing what you described was considered Hentai. Not that I want to discuss it, but what's the difference then.

Once explained (for my benefit) we'll return to discussing any of the shows mild enough for this forum.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan