• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just wondering if anyone could give me some information about this animal style. I am having trouble finding any information on it, most of what I find is monkey style. Some links to dvds for sale would be especially helpful!

36 styles of danger

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well just to let you know any style marketed as ape is fake because there were simply no apes in asia!! they have chimps.. but no apes.. i was dissapointed when i was told this but what's close to it is thai shing pek kwar which is monkey

I hace heard of a chinese guy how teaches white ape.I'mnot sure if its a system maybe its just a form.Anyway he is a northern shoalin master.I heard it was a rare form.I don't know anyhing else about it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

there are 3 monkey types only 1 is well known the other two are monkey-drunken fist and monkey-dragon i practice traditional thai shing pek kwar

but my sensei only teaches street fighting he doesnt like rules ha ha wat a great man i landed a couple of blows on him last time and thats quite hard to do hes fast for a 5ft 60 yea old lol

A man who fights one time in his life Fights always in his soul i/II\i

Actually, my sifu found a form for me: "White Ape Comes Out of the Cave." Very interesting stuff. Broad, sweeping strikes with the arms, lots of takedowns and ground stomps, even some ape-like chest pounding for body conditioning. Pretty cool looking. Hopefully I'll have it down by the end of the summer.

36 styles of danger

• 1 month later...

well.. ape style is used as the lower body style for mantis boixng too... so if you search for 7-star mantis you should be able to find enough about ape as well

i know we use things like the white ape coming out of cave and things like that

• 1 month later...

I heard a lot of the monky/ape styles can be used for ground-fighting, contrary to the "myth" perpetuated by BJJ practitioners that kung fu has no ground-fighting (not that good kung fu practitioners need to know ground-fighting, of course).