Summer Break

Kieran-Lilith

Do you enjoy summer break?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy summer break?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • How could you not?!?!

I know this won't include everyone, not quite, but summer break is finally here! The big problem being....I suddenly find I loathe summer break. I've gotten so used to the world of high school, where there is structure and learning going on, and what's more, my family...or, close friends, I suppose, are there. Every year before this I have been content to let my brain turn to mush. I don't feel like having that happen this year.

So, the question being, does anybody have any sort of ideas to keep me busy (besides the dojo, which is closed this week. Tragic.) and keep my sad little sophomore brain on?

Thank you.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few ideas for you...

See if there's any summer schools running in your local area.

Train outside in the park when the dojo is shut.

Take up a new sport for the summer or learn another language.

Get together with your mates and organise day trips out to fun places.

Go on long cycle rides with just you (and an iPod for company if you feel so inclined!).

Find out about local museums and go visit - local history can be very fascinating (and gruesome too - I'm currently reading a book about pre-20th Century murders in the area where I live - it makes extreme slasher flicks look tame...)

Alternatively, you could be really radical and do the definately un-studenty thing and clean your room and help your parents with lots of jobs about the house... :P

Whatever you do, have a good summer! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My daughter is going on tour with her band this summer and they are always looking for roadies...maybe you can find a band in your area, if you're into to that (caution...may damage your hearing and there's no money in it!!). Or you could work part-time and save $ for school clothes.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Since I'm in the work force I don't get a "summer break". However, that's when my kids are on break so we take our family vacations. In the past 7 years these vacations mave mostly been when we took our kids to compete in either USTU or AAU tae Kwon Do National Championships. We did take a couple of years off to do some other traveling.

Maybe you cane do some traveling to compete in tournaments against folks from other states. See how you match up against them. Learn some new techniques or stratgies. Make some new friends. Hey...one of our KF members is hosting a gathering this summer, maybe you would want to meet some of the folks from this forum and attend his gathering and training.

Enjoy!

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Ummm....I just realized it might be wise to mention I can't drive. I'm still too young.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

summer break is when my kids mope around the house all day muttering "I'm bored..." :D :dodgy:

:P

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

summer break is when my kids mope around the house all day muttering "I'm bored..."

Summer break is when kids everywhere play on the internet all day bogging it down for the rest of us who use it for work.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

We don't spend ALL day on the internet....just most of it. We do eat and sleep and take bathroom breaks every now and then.