• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New at handwraps

Hi- I started using handwraps and I'm not sure exactly how they're supposed to be used... I wrap them around my hands, but I'm not sure how high up the fingers they should be and how low down the arm they should be. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you tyrant general

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Hm, I once read a Muay Thai book that covered two different ways to wrap, anyone know about this?

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• 4 weeks later...

there are millions of different ways to wrap. The longer you are around boxing and thai boxing, the more variations you will see. They all follow the same general guidelines though - secure the bones of the hand, wrap the thumb, secure the wrist and leave room in the palm so that you can comfortably close your fist.

• 1 month later...

my grandparents cannot see very well, and they knew that I was into karate and they got me a boxing video that shows you how to put on handwraps. All I know is that you put the loop around the thumb and start at the wrist. you should wrap tight over your wrist to make it stiff, but not too tight so as not to cut off circulation, then wrap the rest of the hand, how much where kind of depends on what you are going to be doing I guess.

Tang Soo!

the way shown on that site isn't that good in my opinion as it doesn't support the wrist enough and it seems that the wrist area often comes loose more esily when wrapped in that fashion.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.