• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1st Dan Testing

neko_shojo

Wow, the time seems to have flown by ever so quickly, I test for my first degree black belt on the 10th of June, that's only ten days away from now. I'm surprisingly less nervous then I thought I'd be. Anyone else getting close to that testing day and is anyone else testing in Kingston? I'll make sure I update this after the 11th, that'll be the all telling day.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck to you, I tested for shodan a little more than a year ago. Good to see that you're not nervous. Don't be, if you have come this far, you'll make it. GOOD LUCK! :karate: :) :wink:

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I could test for first dan next September...but due to some recent happenings(my dojo closed down and the other ones I visited were focused on tournements and they were not happy to follow me for the black belt testing :( ) i'm obliged to do it next year hoping to find a good instructor.......damn i feel like a ronin now... :oops:

Hey btw...good luck and cold blood(like we say in italy ;D) ! I'm sure you'll do fine. :karate:

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai

I hope to test in July...Best of luck!!!! All the best to you on your test. :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

Dont recall being neverous for my Dan test but for one of my brown belts test I had a time wariming up lol I could not remember Tekki Shodan. Then when the test started I was ok and nailed everything. Funny how your reactions just take over when you let them.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."