• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

advanced nunchuku

Jay

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The more advanced techniques are trapping, blocking and striking without swinging the nunchauku. Anybody can swing them and hit someone, but catching a punch/kick or blocking another weapon with them is more difficult, and then knowing how to counter after you have done so.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 1 month later...

go on the internet and type blackandbluevideo into your search engine. This is a former teacher of mine who has put chux. techniques/katas and other info on vid/dvd. check it out

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• 4 weeks later...

If i may offer a bit of advice: Stay grounded.

The fancier moves are completely ineffective and actually leave you wide open. Stick to the basics and refine them. Keep your weapon in front of you as much as possible (rather than wrapping around your neck, behind your back, between your legs) . Work out with resistance (striking a bag or padded objects) to learn how to deal with recoil. Study how to use the 'stick' that is part of the nunchaku, as well as learn how to use the rope (or chain) that attaches them. Every part of that weapon can be used as a weapon, not merely the "swinging around like a friggin' bandit" part.

And, whatever you do... stay grounded. Don't go friggin' dancing around all over the place. Learn to use the nunchaku as an extension of your body, not some artifact that pulls you around and makes you do weird stuff.

Last bit of advice: Focus on power over speed (if you focus on speed over power, you will sacrifice power by shortening your grip, which also causes you to lose 'control' over the weapon).

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro