• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too expensive?

You should always look at what you'll get out of your training and your payments.... will it just be the lessons, and learning some moves.... then thats probably not enough, you need to find somewhere that you enjoy, i think thats the most important thing with starting MA, cos if you dont enjoy it hten you wont stick with it or apply yourself.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree that it's probably a ripoff. They are teaching 5 or 6 different styles, how much of each class is dedicated to each art? Or is it a single class per art?

It sounds like you would be paying a lot for watered down or sporadic training in several different styles. Better to find a single style you like, reach a high rank in that, THEN crosstrain. You'll be much more adaptible that way, and get more out of the crosstraining.

Aodhan

BINGO!!

Exactly what I'm thinking...

If the Inosanto name is in the mix... chances are... the training IS intensive... and also presupposes that the student HAS experience already, and is looking for a 'seminar' type class, rather than your average twice to 3 times a week program.

My opinion... if you want to study martial arts... your first step, is to 'put aside' Black Belt magazine... put all the magazines aside...

Then find a school you can afford, that offers you a 2-3 night a week program, PLUS one on one time with your instructor(s) as needed.

And as Aodhan says... pick a school that teaches one art... work on that, and get up in rank at it FIRST... then cross train once you have solid basics in your 'primary art'.:)

You'll get your money's worth that way, and you'll be that much better a martial artist.

"Tournaments are the least important aspect of martial arts..." Pat E. Johnson--Technical Advisor and "Chief Referee" for the Karate Kid movies.

solid advice... although the class sounds interesting just to see how they teacvh that many styles all at once.....

always best to get a grounding in the basics first.

• 2 weeks later...

I would never be able to finance those kind of payments, my club is non-profit so Iam pretty lucky there with only having to pay 70 every 3-4 months.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn