• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too expensive?

Im about to pay £10 per lesson which lasts 1 1/2 hours. There are no gradings and there are no insurance or membership payments. Should I join or is this too expensive? I am about to train under one of Dan Inosantos instructors Paul Finn and/or Ralph Jones. The classes are ideal for me as they teach wing chun, Jun fan gung fu, JKD, jun fan kickboxing and kali/escrima/arnis. Any thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten pounts per lesson seems wayyy to expensive to me.

I pay $50 australian a month, and i have anywhere up to 4 lessons a week. If you work that out its not much for what im learning.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

Yeah that does seem a bit on the expensive side

I pay £25 a month, which gets me as many lessons as i can get to which is currently around 7 or 8 hours a week [28 hours month] so less than £1 a lesson which vary between 1 and 2 hours...

But then again thats VERY cheap...

I defniitely question the price versus training - if you're getting the best training around with loads of out of hours support and guides, good instructors and good equipment / purpose built training hall then maybe its worth it.... any more info?

No the £10 is just for a 1 1/2 hour class. Yeah I thought it was expensive too but no where near me provides both JKD and wing chun which are ultimately what I want to learn. I have been searching around for nearly a year and have had no success. There definitely is no place in my area that does the arts I want to learn.

Wayyyyy too much, especially with no insurance or gradings included.

Another thing, never take a martial art because it is nearby, take it because it is a good school and you will benefit from it.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

£16 pounds a week or month?

Either way its still better value than what you were looking at .... £16 for 3 hours : again depends on the quality of the training; class size; student quality, etc.