• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gained 9th KYU TODAY!!

NoFear1725681471

In our dojo, we have a 1 basic stance, punch and block, and then a bit of terminology before you get your white belt. I agree, even now just looking on my white belt test, I now think it was really easy because my skill level has gone up a lot in the past 6 months, but at the time I was extremely nervous, and all the techniques were extremely difficult for me. Not to mention all the pressure of having to do in front of the class, like a first impression.

I also didn’t do to good on pre test, (the instructor asked me a few questions to make sure I was ready). But when I got my white belt, I was the MAN. It really gives you confidence, and I feel even more proud of myself for getting my yellow belt.

Congratulation again and good luck hajime, I am sure you will do awesome.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My congradulations to you. I know the feeling of making rank. It's one of the greatest feelings of accomplishment one can feel. Maintain that student mentallity and you'll go far in your art. God speed on your journey.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

Great job. :karate: Now you get to learn new material. Last weekend I earned my yellow belt, so this week I learned two new kempos (these two use elbow strikes) and my first pinon.

• 2 weeks later...

in my dojo we have only 8 kyus. we only use base color belts, and we just make our tenure in the belt a longer time if the belt normally has a strip in it.we use the requirements from the highest rank of a color.

"Karate is an art. It must be regarded as such with its entirety of philosophical thought and development of the mind in harmony with the body. If it isn't thought of this way it is valueless. It is like eating only the bitter skin of the apple while leaving the sweet inner meat untasted. It is this crucial premise that is being overlooked today, and if the tide is not turned, I must predict the demise of the art. "

-Isao Obata

• 2 months later...