• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

https://www.tricktutorials.com have all the flipy stuff you want.

"I'm done, and as I'm posing in my nice stance the flamingo stands his ground as well. The flamingo and I are the unstoppable team, with my tornado kick and his confident pink plastic frame, we're ready for whatever comes our way!"

-Jujimufu

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flipping is not as effective as rolling. Rolling is extremly effective in getting away from a charge or any attack really.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

also flipping leaves you in the air.... which means you cant really alter your direction an so are vulnerable.... but they're really fun moves to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say so, youll probably end up hurting yourself or putting yourself into a very bad poistion or they might just hit you in the air lol

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• 1 month later...

flips are good as a part of the art but dont use them in the street unless you see a real opening for one where you can scare the opponent(s) into believing you know what your doing. they will get intimidated or just go all out angry, both of which they will lose while doing.

"keep death in mind"

• 2 weeks later...

"Go-Go Power Rangers"

J/K....

I would say no. I was told to forget about the flashy stuff when you're in a fight. Most people will just freeze though. If you have a gun at your head, and someone tells you to give them your wallet, I'm not going to think about flipping, just handing over my wallet :karate:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 2 weeks later...

yeah you could use flips.....just plan on landing on your back instead of your feet, i dont think flips should be used in katas much less in fighting

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 11 months later...

Or Tony Jaa (he loves flipping onto and over people. Go see that new Tony Jaa movie "tom-yum-goong/ the protector" It's so crazy.)

Destined To Bring Light