• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

defense or attack

which is wiser  

10 members have voted

1. 1. which is wiser

• defense
    • attack

Most attackers especially muggers, pursesnatchers and the like, are not expecting a very violent, vicious counter-attack. In Krav Maga and Haganah, we are trained to respond to an attack with extreme counter aggression. As soon as you get home on the defensive, then his main concern is now defending agains the would-be victim instead of the other way around. I never think you should hit the atatcker and then give ground. Never give the attacker a chance to regroup, it just makes him more cautious. once you take him down, don't let him have the ability to get back up either.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with that approach is once he stops attacking you and begins any sort of defense or retreat you are no longer [by law] acting in self defense you are the aggressor.!

The only problem with that approach is once he stops attacking you and begins any sort of defense or retreat you are no longer [by law] acting in self defense you are the aggressor.!

This is very true. Myself, I like an aggressive opponent. I'm a counter-fighter. They attack, I counter while their open. It's worked well for me, but agreed, it isn't for everybody. Shorin Ryu is that sort of system generally anyway, and it fits my personality.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

It works well as far as covering your own * goes as well... just if he tries to punch you and you break his knee with a kick your more likely to get a way with it than attacking with several techniques - because he may say he tried to retreat... etc.. etc..

I agree with that. As far as him retreating, I agree, if he retreats, then he is no longer a threat, however if I am suddently under an attack by a mugger, I am not going to give him a chance to regroup. in other words, I am not going to use some technique to cause him to fall, wait for him to get back up, he comes at me, I dodge and attack, wait for another, etc.. You get the idea... :karate:

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• 2 months later...

both of them cause if you use just one your gonna get beat if they know what there doing but if they dont, attack would be better

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/