• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To train in BJJ my friend and I are using gym mats to grapple on. However, since I have begun my training I have had a peculiar vulnerability to getting carpet or rug burns, especially around the knees and ankles. These burns are so annoying. They don't hurt badly, but are really annoying.

I suspect my ankles are caused by my feet going off the mats onto the carpet when grappling. But what about my knees (we are grappling from our knees until we learn take downs).

Any suggestions on how to deal with this annoying hindrance to training?

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride, and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." -Alabama Coaching Legend Paul "Bear" Bryant.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Buy some wrestling knee pads and some simple ankle supports. That's what I would do.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Do you mean ankle supports as the equivalent of wrist wraps used to support the wrists in boxing?

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride, and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." -Alabama Coaching Legend Paul "Bear" Bryant.