• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1 year NHB/MMA training v 10 years japanese martial arts

that Tang Soo Do guy lost because he couldent grapple i have met guys who wipe the floor with me standing but when it goes to the ground they have no idea what to do.

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but we're talking in general.... not specifically..... im not really sure on this now. Had a think about it and it would really depend on how each of them trained.

that's just it. the guys at many mma/sport schools get more contact experience in one year than guys I've seen from other schools get in 3. Also, athe grappling aspect. Most traditional schools I've encountered don't train grappling, even though "it's in the system" but merely being in the system doesn't translate to them knowing how to use it... it comes down to who is more practically well rounded. I say practically, because theoretically, the TMA guy is more well rounded. But heck, who on the street will attack me with a spear? Nobody these days. So realistically, they may not be as well rounded due to the lack of grappling.

• 2 weeks later...

Muay Thai? It is tough, but no tougher than my Goju dojo... I don't get it's rep, i have seen way meaner things in karate

"To win without fighting is best"-Sun Tzu

Muay Thai? It is tough, but no tougher than my Goju dojo... I don't get it's rep, i have seen way meaner things in karate
I'm very interested to know what school you trained at doing Muay Thai. Also where did you train your Karate. I used to train Wado Ryu Karate at the Scottsdale Martial Arts Center for about 3 years but have only been doing BJJ for less 6 months. I know without a shadow of a doubt I could take 80% of the people to the ground and sub them. I would say for every year of BJJ training I would need about 5 years of Wado Ryu to stand a chance. I'm not down playing my old style and am glad I attended the place because it really taught me discipline and how to handle myself on my feet. I currently attend Megaton Brazillian Jiu Jitsu academy and love it there. Anyway I doubt you will tell me where you trained for the mere fact that i think you made up that you trained in Muay Thai or simply will not post the school you trained at if you did infact train, because it was a cardio style class and didn't compete in actual Muay Thai bouts.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

ted, im actually a musician and i can tell you that juliard is the right answere! however, playing in bars and stuff does have an enormous advantage over just studying. trust me. then again the juliard player will still be technically better. just wont have as much a feel for things as the bar player. unless the juliard player has done gigs aswell!

ted, im actually a musician and i can tell you that juliard is the right answere! however, playing in bars and stuff does have an enormous advantage over just studying. trust me. then again the juliard player will still be technically better. just wont have as much a feel for things as the bar player. unless the juliard player has done gigs aswell!

is this in the wrong thread? :)

well if your school of karate is as brutal as my Muay Thai gym than good for your karate school but you say you have seen more brutal stuff in karate? was this full contact and if so have you ever see someone take repeated elbows to the face and then a flying knee to the gut if so i appluad your karate teacher because he lets you train you way karate was ment to be trained but if not you need to go to a Muay Thai gym and see how it really is before you make assumptions.

Fist visible Strike invisible