• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1 year NHB/MMA training v 10 years japanese martial arts

Here is an interesting topic. If someone had one year of muay thai, boxing, wrestling, and jiu-jitsu training with a top notch team like team Quest or Militech would they be able to beat someone with 10 years of hardcore Kyokushinkai, judo, and jujitsu training.

I'm only going to ask you once...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so maybe that was a little too large a gap in training. Hey TJS weren't you doing krav maga before? What happend?

So what is the real deal with krav maga? Will it give you some real skills or what? I ask because I'm thinking about taking it up but I don't know if it's all hollywood hype or not.

I agree the gap is too large. It also depends on the quality of training the traditional martial artist received, how much they trained, etc.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Here is an interesting topic. If someone had one year of muay thai, boxing, wrestling, and jiu-jitsu training with a top notch team like team Quest or Militech would they be able to beat someone with 10 years of hardcore Kyokushinkai, judo, and jujitsu training.

It would take a miracle!!

As others have stated, 9 years of training is a massive difference.

Assuming the same training regiment someone who is 6 months ahead of you ought to beat you.

Someone who has been training only for one year hasnt even approached basic levels of fitness yet

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Depends on training methods. I am more convinced that the reason boxing and MT have done so well as opposed to Karate in MMA is because of training methods more than technique.

It all depends on how hard the training was, but would say 10 vs 1 year is no real match. 10 years wins for sure, especially if the conditioning is at the same approximate level.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride, and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." -Alabama Coaching Legend Paul "Bear" Bryant.