• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stuck in Pennsylvnia

Teal,

There is a Jujitsu school about 15 minutes west of Lancaster City on rt 23. It is located at the Silver Spring Dance Conservatory, 3730 Marietta Avenue, Silver Spring, PA 17575. 717-285-0550.

We train in Danzan Ryu Jujitsu. Classes are 7:30-9 tues & thursdays. Some nights we roll (stand up and ground) after class and some nights we do Iaido. Depends who is there and what folks want to do. Come buy and watch a class if you wish.

There are students at the dojo who have trained with both Masters mentioned on this thread as well as other instructors in the area.

Respectfully,

Benjamin Delich

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds really cool..what are the rates? are they reasonable?

Rates are $50.00 a month. Members of the dojo have to pay a $50 fee each year to our organization (the AJJF). This fee provides members with a quarterly newsletter from the AJJF, Rank Registration/certification, the ability to go to our regional events (usually 3-4 big ones a year), and of course helps provide insurance for the dojo.

Go to the school website for more info and you can follow the links to the AJJF for more reading...

http://home.comcast.net/~bdelich/skkhome.htm

Regards,

Benjamin Delich

Thanks for the info, although the classes seem awful short

Yeah, that was the case. We just run class now from 730-9 now. I have not changed the website schedule. Then folks stay after nine to either roll or do iaido. Depends on who is there and what folks want to work on.

Thanks for the info, although the classes seem awful short

Yeah, that was the case. We just run class now from 730-9 now. I have not changed the website schedule. Then folks stay after nine to either roll or do iaido. Depends on who is there and what folks want to work on.

Coool, thanks for the info. Will have to check it out when I get some free time. :karate:

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• 3 weeks later...

I can without reservation recommend the jujutsu school in Marietta....

Of course, it's run by my sensei, so that would make sense, now wouldn't it?;)

I am in the Reading PA area, also teaching Danzan Ryu Jujutsu, and getting classes organized for iaido. I've trained with Sensei Delich for going on 12 years (time flies when you're having fun, I suppose!). Obviously, I'd have gone elsewhere by now if I was dissatisfied.

My two cents worth-- the best schools aren't always the ones with the largest advertising budgets (and sometimes they are). Many schools exist without a presence on the internet or in the yellow pages. And many of them are very, very good schools. Heck, I didn't even know about this forum until I did a google for Sykan Ryu Jujutsu today! ;)