• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Choosing a knife to buy for self defense purposes, need help

Update:

I now have to choose between two knives for my EDC (btw, my edc does not have to be light). So if anyone can tell me what they know of the two knives I'm about to mention I'd greatly appreciate it, Thanks!

Camillus 2262 C.U.D.A. MAXX

http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm?cuda/index.shtml~main

SOG Pentagon Elite 2 http://www.sogknives.com/pentagone2.htm

I can get the camillus for about 100 and the sog for about 60-70. But the camillus looks like it might be stronger, dno. Any info on either whether it be about the knife design or personal experience or what you've heard would be great, thanks!

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I personally would go with the Sog because it is a little bit smaller and my pockets aren't huge, but if you have no problem carrying around 6.5 inches, go with the Camillus. (then again, the SOG isn't that much smaller)

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Thanks, I've decided to go with the MAXX, I've heard too many praises about it to go with something else. I'll tell you guys how I like it when it gets here.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

Good luck with it and have fun... that is one good looking weapon.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."