• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well this past Saturday was a bit fun. I was getting ready to enter the class and my masters asked me if I wanted to test for my next stripe. I turn and said Iknow the form but not procaticed it long. Then I said it is up to my master if I am ready. Well myself and my daughter BOTH were selected and passed. I am now a step away from my deputy black.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A red belt friend of mine got a suprise grading, he had been told he wasn't grading and was asked to help at the venue. I was sat at the table and one Examiner told him to demonstrate, I only cottoned on when I was asked by the Master what I thought of his technique? and How does he act in class?..etc

I wondered what art you study frightmaster?

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

I like surprise thing slike that [doesnt happen much in our organisation] but you sometimes get people hwo when they know when their gradings are, only really train for a bit before, or just relax for a while..... annoys me slightly that.

Congrats again frightmaster! In class tonight the instructor was telling us a story about a person having to deal with a surprise testing..well they were at a testing one time, and the guy was a brown belt at the time..well this guy was demonstrating kicks with someone else, and Grandmaster Han stopped them, and he said come here! how long have you been brown belt? the guy said um..two months.. (we usually have to wait 6 months in between brown and black belt) well then Grandmaster Han asked oh do u know your forms and stuff? he said yes sir..he said oh..ok u test today..it was like that sudden! I like the surprises too, but it usually only happens to black belt and up in our organization. In our organization (white through brown belts) if you don't try you very hardest you don't test the next time we have testing which they are usually two months apart. If you don't think yourself, that you are ready..they still make you test because of that extra push..that's why we test every two months.

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

It is unheard of for us to have this happen. I was already told I will be in the next Black Belt test, which occurs twice per year, next year. So I have a lot to do before them. I will go for my deputy Black in Sept I think.

well good luck for that then!!!! Hope the black belt test goes well, and good luck for september deputy test as well.

Hope all your training works out

I think the school does the BB test in Jan and July. I am already not making the July test. No problem there really. I am not trying to rush it. My master said I am his only student who has been proactive to learn forms, taegeuk forms, with eyes closed. I do 1 through 5 this way and stop in my starting place. Working on 6 now. This is what he says allows me to move ahead.

blinfolded is such a good way to practice distance.... but thats pretty much it... at least it helps with the stacnesadn gettign back to your spot