• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just achieved my 2nd KEub this past week. 1 step closre to my BB. My Daughter (9 years old) just received her 4th Keub. I got to spare with her in test. She won. I could not hit her.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• 2 weeks later...

Well being the loving father that I am I just could not brng myself around to hit her....OK your on to me, she is too fast.....

What my instructor/tester did was me being a senior belt to her I was only allowed to block. She was attacking me. He felt I should be able to block her attack (which I did mostly). My thigh took a shot though. lol

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

Well being the loving father that I am I just could not brng myself around to hit her....OK your on to me, she is too fast.....

What my instructor/tester did was me being a senior belt to her I was only allowed to block. She was attacking me. He felt I should be able to block her attack (which I did mostly). My thigh took a shot though. lol

Is that typical for a 4th Gup in your school?

I'd think that the examiners would want to see the testers overall sparring skills (attack and defense).

Each school is different, though.

Congrats to both of you. If your school is anything like the club I go to, the journey from 2nd Gup to 1st Dan can be quite challenging...

GTood luck on achieving 1st dan - and unluck you had to spar your daughter....

I hate it when i end up against some1 i know in sparring in a test... unless i know they're better than me . then at least i can have some fun

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations younwhagrl,

And having to spar your daughter in a grading must have been weird. In my gradings, if we aren't trying to rip each other apart then we get a grilling.

In that situation our Master O' aint a happy chappy.:kaioken:

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee