• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello

BMmonk

Hello All,

Im new to the forum and i just wanted to say hello. Awesome forum board with alot of info. I myself have been a fan of the Martial arts since i was young. I've trained in TKD when i was ten( i think every ten yearold trained in some form of MA) when i was ini college i trained in Muay Thai for about 6 months and then finally bout 2 years ago i started training in Bac Mei(still training). i hope to get some useful info on the MA.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good to have you here. Say, could you give me a brief description of bac mei?

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

Good to have you here. Say, could you give me a brief description of bac mei?

"Bak Mei Kung Fu is one of the few systems that combines both Shaolin and Taoist practices into a single fighting style. It is classified as an internal and external system that emphasizes the combination of the science of combat along with the Taoist principles of using the chi, or breath, to maximize the generation of power from within the body and to maintain health. In Bak Mei, Chi Kung is incorporated into every aspect of the art, unlike most arts which contain supplemental exercises to develop the chi. Bak Mei is a highly sophisticated, fast and aggressive system that is rarely seen within the realm of Chinese martial arts today. Bak Mei uses, “Ging”, or sacred power, a type of explosive power that enables a technique to change quickly from a soft and relaxed movement into a powerful strike upon impact; which to the untrained observer can look quite external, or as using brute force.Techniques are executed between short and mid-range distances; hand movements are fast and powerful."

In retrospective the origin orginally came from the monk Bac Mei who betrayed the Shaolin Temple. Back then During the Ching Dynasty anyone who practices Bac Mei were generally inprisoned or killed. This style is originally called White Eyebrow. Tigerstyle by way of animal as well. The reason why this MA is both external and internal is more so based on its movements and strikes. I currently know of 7 forms and the fighting method behind this art is that your defense is also your offense. for every incoming hit towards you a block and offensive hit is done simultaneously. The way the fist is form is not of a regular fist but for every hit that one makes must be an accurate hit.

Alot of the things i learn from this art is not only the physical attribute of the art but learning the body pressure points. Anyone can hit someone and make it hurt(External), but hitting certain areas on the body where pressure point lay on can cause internal damage(internal).

Generally Bac Mei Trains to be able to fight at the most 3 opponents at a time. Because of the odds we do not fight one person for a long time, we space ourselves to fight and hit certain points on the opponent to render them for a moment thus making the odds 2 to 1 and so forth.