• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I hurt someone but...

Sparkey

She already said, "that's OK, it's part of what happens when we do what we do".

Stop feeling bad about it. Things like that happen, and I'm sure everyone knows that it was an accident.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
From a medical standpoint, it seems that your classmate isn't the sharpest hammer in the tool shed. Anyone knows that if you have an INJURY, not discomfort, that you must rest that area.

I agree that is a long time to still have extreme discomfort. Maybe next time she whines, you could ask her if she took it easy after it happened (I know you know the answer), when she says no, you could suggest perhaps she should start; it may be a reinjury at this point.

If you happen to work with her in class you could also remind her to "take it easy" so she can heal, or have the instructor do it....if she's playing the sympathy card without a real injury she'll probably be so annoyed she'll want to prove she's all better. :lol:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

i am a demonstration dummy in one of my classes (sensei is my friend) so i got hit there almost always, it takes about 3-4 weeks before she recovers could be more, you know some people like to show off their injuries she is one of them, don't worry let her enjoy it.

You fulfilled your responsibility to her when you said, "I'm sorry." Even that is more than you are required to do.

I will assume that you bow before and after sparring. It is important to fully understand the purpose of that bow. It say's many, many, many things to your partner. The most important thing it says is "thanks for training with me and I respect you."

However, it means much more. The bow represents a "meeting of the minds." A general shared understanding of the situation at hand. In this case, it's like saying to your partner, "I'm not going to try to hurt you, but it could happen. I understand this and respect you for understanding it as well." If your partner bows as well, it is an understanding of the situation. Kinda like saying "sorry" in advance of any injury. You have acted honorably to her in the admission of a mistake, nothing more is needed.

Also, a strike to the common peroneal (femorial plexus as you call it) is, in no way ever going to damage the kidneys. Her "back pain" is due to something else. That nerve controls what happens below the striking point, not above.

You should harbor no guilt. If you feel you must speak with her about it, also speak with your Sensei. It is not the place of a student to correct the behavior of other students. However, be direct about how she's making you feel. Do not apoligize again. Do not be rude or overbearing either. State the facts and paraphrase her words.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I will assume that you bow before and after sparring. It is important to fully understand the purpose of that bow. It say's many, many, many things to your partner. The most important thing it says is "thanks for training with me and I respect you."

However, it means much more. The bow represents a "meeting of the minds." A general shared understanding of the situation at hand. In this case, it's like saying to your partner, "I'm not going to try to hurt you, but it could happen. I understand this and respect you for understanding it as well." If your partner bows as well, it is an understanding of the situation. Kinda like saying "sorry" in advance of any injury. You have acted honorably to her in the admission of a mistake, nothing more is needed.

A very good point.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Thanks so much for your responses! I appreciat all the input. I haven't been in class with her since last week on Thursday, but I think I'm mentally ready to really hop off the guilt train. I agree with those who said that if she was really hurt she should rest her body. It doesn't make sense that she's complaining and then working out 2 hours a day.

We'll see how it goes this week!

Good luck, Sparkey! Let us know how it goes!

"Daft old mare..." LOL, AngelaG!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."